Surrounded by the North York Moors
And the North Sea at the other side
Is Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
Served by the Esk Valley Line
Four times a day
Is Whitby, a relaxing haven.
I went to Whitby recently
And thoroughly enjoyed it.
It has something for everyone.
It has the ruins of an abbey
And the Captain Cook Museum
And a beautiful harbour too.
The world’s tastiest prawns are available there
As well as the most beautiful espresso
In Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
So go along to Whitby
I promise you’ll enjoy it
And you won’t regret deciding to go there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whitby by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- SUMMER FUN, MORGAN AXIOTIS
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey