Surrounded by the North York Moors
And the North Sea at the other side
Is Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
Served by the Esk Valley Line
Four times a day
Is Whitby, a relaxing haven.
I went to Whitby recently
And thoroughly enjoyed it.
It has something for everyone.
It has the ruins of an abbey
And the Captain Cook Museum
And a beautiful harbour too.
The world’s tastiest prawns are available there
As well as the most beautiful espresso
In Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
So go along to Whitby
I promise you’ll enjoy it
And you won’t regret deciding to go there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whitby by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady