Surrounded by the North York Moors
And the North Sea at the other side
Is Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
Served by the Esk Valley Line
Four times a day
Is Whitby, a relaxing haven.
I went to Whitby recently
And thoroughly enjoyed it.
It has something for everyone.
It has the ruins of an abbey
And the Captain Cook Museum
And a beautiful harbour too.
The world’s tastiest prawns are available there
As well as the most beautiful espresso
In Whitby, the home of enjoyment.
So go along to Whitby
I promise you’ll enjoy it
And you won’t regret deciding to go there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whitby by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic
- Exit out, J.E. Deen
- Royal Orphan, George Egba
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols