What is Hope?
Hope is having ambitions about your future life.
Hope is being optimistic whenever there is strife.
Hope is having power over one's ambitions.
Hope is being rational in the face of superstitions.
Hope is being happy about your future plans.
Hope is looking to a future that's a happy land.
Hope is being faithful to your future self.
Hope is when you realise that your ego has true wealth.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Hope? by Andrew Hamm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Flowers Create a Bright World, Rohit Sapra
- Dinwi Anti-Racisim, Swrji Basumatary
- letter too Santa, lee fones
- Where are we, gajanan mishra
- Grow Up and Change!, Sandra Feldman
- In Utter Hopelessness and Despair..., Dr John Celes
- Alone, ,, Luo Zhihai
- Alone, , ,, Luo Zhihai
- Biyw, Swrji Basumatary
- A righteous path is a bumpy road…, Mark Heathcote