Bijay Kant Dubey
Where Is Talent? (My Suffering)
Even after writing for a long time
Spanning over some thirty years of creativity,
They even fail to recognize me,
Though they know me
But behave in such a way
That know me not.
This is India, here everything is possile,
Nothing not impossible,
Talent and genius can be crushed,
Left to die in harness,
Merit panels can be altered
And non-empanelled can be made panelled.
I do not know who is a poet, who a critic
But their politics very harmful no doubt
And I have suffered for them
Had I not carried it for so long.
Since 1986, I have been reading and writing for
From dawn to dusk
Without giving long-term breaks.
I doubt, do the genuine get the rewards?
Perhaps no is the answer.
India is of reservation, opprtunism and nepotism,
Sycophancy and hypocrisy,
Unauthorized access and approach,
Backing and bungling,
Chain and channel, connect and link.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Is Talent? (My Suffering) by Bijay Kant Dubey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson