Bijay Kant Dubey
Where Is Talent? (My Suffering)
Even after writing for a long time
Spanning over some thirty years of creativity,
They even fail to recognize me,
Though they know me
But behave in such a way
That know me not.
This is India, here everything is possile,
Nothing not impossible,
Talent and genius can be crushed,
Left to die in harness,
Merit panels can be altered
And non-empanelled can be made panelled.
I do not know who is a poet, who a critic
But their politics very harmful no doubt
And I have suffered for them
Had I not carried it for so long.
Since 1986, I have been reading and writing for
From dawn to dusk
Without giving long-term breaks.
I doubt, do the genuine get the rewards?
Perhaps no is the answer.
India is of reservation, opprtunism and nepotism,
Sycophancy and hypocrisy,
Unauthorized access and approach,
Backing and bungling,
Chain and channel, connect and link.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Is Talent? (My Suffering) by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Integrity, Hans Raj Sharma
- In The Bosom of The Fire Is The Mystery, Little Eagle McGowan
- Would you still make love to me?, The Princess is
- Renewal of Earth, Jessica Gabanyic
- DEAR INNOCENCE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)