Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
When we did meet (Sonnetina Tre)
When we did meet I had lost all of my confidence
that had been with me through my younger years,
God himself created you as my companion in His providence
and although at a time our love has brought me tears
your love has been to my broken heart a balm
and you have been the strong wind beneath my wings,
the one who brings my restless soul to a place of calm
and I do appreciate the many different things
that you daily do and the simple way
when in secret for me you do pray.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.