When I Think Of You
Your eyes, like a pearl,
Shining when we play,
Your adorable head looking, straight at me.
I just cannot resist hugging and kissing you.
Even though you’re not a dog, you still show love.
Your tiny beak reaching for a seed,
When I get you out your cage, you'll dangle and play in my hair.
I love it how it feels, to be close to you.
Your small claws grab for a piece of apple, spitting the pulp out at me.
Whenever I go to the kitchen to get a pencil,
You will always say 'Hi Brightwing! ‘Even though your name is Brightwing your self,
You’re very sweet, my very own friend, I cannot ever leave you.
I love you always, as you know, but even when I leave you a day you always make a mess when we come home.
When the lights go off and it is time for bed, you snuggle in your own bed too.
The morning comes; you’re the first one to wake up.
You always wake up late on Sundays and Saturdays, enjoying your cozy yellow bed.
You'll squawk or chirp till someone gives you attention.
You’re the best friend I can ever wish for.
My furry friend,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Think Of You by Goldheart Bird )
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)