When I Think Of You
Your eyes, like a pearl,
Shining when we play,
Your adorable head looking, straight at me.
I just cannot resist hugging and kissing you.
Even though you’re not a dog, you still show love.
Your tiny beak reaching for a seed,
When I get you out your cage, you'll dangle and play in my hair.
I love it how it feels, to be close to you.
Your small claws grab for a piece of apple, spitting the pulp out at me.
Whenever I go to the kitchen to get a pencil,
You will always say 'Hi Brightwing! ‘Even though your name is Brightwing your self,
You’re very sweet, my very own friend, I cannot ever leave you.
I love you always, as you know, but even when I leave you a day you always make a mess when we come home.
When the lights go off and it is time for bed, you snuggle in your own bed too.
The morning comes; you’re the first one to wake up.
You always wake up late on Sundays and Saturdays, enjoying your cozy yellow bed.
You'll squawk or chirp till someone gives you attention.
You’re the best friend I can ever wish for.
My furry friend,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Think Of You by Goldheart Bird )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal
- a Fading Torment, Tim Labbe
- Love Note 12, Michael P. McParland
- Glancing Back at Never, Sarah Cohen
- A Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Spiral, Chad Brack
- A Ghost Inside, Spiritwind Wood