When I Think Of You
Your eyes, like a pearl,
Shining when we play,
Your adorable head looking, straight at me.
I just cannot resist hugging and kissing you.
Even though you’re not a dog, you still show love.
Your tiny beak reaching for a seed,
When I get you out your cage, you'll dangle and play in my hair.
I love it how it feels, to be close to you.
Your small claws grab for a piece of apple, spitting the pulp out at me.
Whenever I go to the kitchen to get a pencil,
You will always say 'Hi Brightwing! ‘Even though your name is Brightwing your self,
You’re very sweet, my very own friend, I cannot ever leave you.
I love you always, as you know, but even when I leave you a day you always make a mess when we come home.
When the lights go off and it is time for bed, you snuggle in your own bed too.
The morning comes; you’re the first one to wake up.
You always wake up late on Sundays and Saturdays, enjoying your cozy yellow bed.
You'll squawk or chirp till someone gives you attention.
You’re the best friend I can ever wish for.
My furry friend,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Think Of You by Goldheart Bird )
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)