When I Think Of You
Your eyes, like a pearl,
Shining when we play,
Your adorable head looking, straight at me.
I just cannot resist hugging and kissing you.
Even though you’re not a dog, you still show love.
Your tiny beak reaching for a seed,
When I get you out your cage, you'll dangle and play in my hair.
I love it how it feels, to be close to you.
Your small claws grab for a piece of apple, spitting the pulp out at me.
Whenever I go to the kitchen to get a pencil,
You will always say 'Hi Brightwing! ‘Even though your name is Brightwing your self,
You’re very sweet, my very own friend, I cannot ever leave you.
I love you always, as you know, but even when I leave you a day you always make a mess when we come home.
When the lights go off and it is time for bed, you snuggle in your own bed too.
The morning comes; you’re the first one to wake up.
You always wake up late on Sundays and Saturdays, enjoying your cozy yellow bed.
You'll squawk or chirp till someone gives you attention.
You’re the best friend I can ever wish for.
My furry friend,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Think Of You by Goldheart Bird )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Limbo, Seamus Heaney
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci
- A Girl Called Memory, Mashewa1 Nthele
- A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- How I Once Spent a Friday Afternoon, M.J. Lemon
- Every dog's ordeal, Lubinda Lubinda
- An Ethereal Bloom, Margaret Alice Second
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal