When I Think Of You
Your eyes, like a pearl,
Shining when we play,
Your adorable head looking, straight at me.
I just cannot resist hugging and kissing you.
Even though you’re not a dog, you still show love.
Your tiny beak reaching for a seed,
When I get you out your cage, you'll dangle and play in my hair.
I love it how it feels, to be close to you.
Your small claws grab for a piece of apple, spitting the pulp out at me.
Whenever I go to the kitchen to get a pencil,
You will always say 'Hi Brightwing! ‘Even though your name is Brightwing your self,
You’re very sweet, my very own friend, I cannot ever leave you.
I love you always, as you know, but even when I leave you a day you always make a mess when we come home.
When the lights go off and it is time for bed, you snuggle in your own bed too.
The morning comes; you’re the first one to wake up.
You always wake up late on Sundays and Saturdays, enjoying your cozy yellow bed.
You'll squawk or chirp till someone gives you attention.
You’re the best friend I can ever wish for.
My furry friend,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Think Of You by Goldheart Bird )
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)