M.D Dinesh Nair
WHEN I AM ALONE
When I am alone with my people being far away
I see a myriad of my little friends who are still in my mind
A line of ants and a swarm of tiny bees and flies
When I stand alone with no smiling friend lingering around
I look for a row of birds flying, a squint eyed black crow,
And a few moths or silver winged dragon flies....
When I sit alone with none to ask, 'are you bored? '
I remember my long lost pets of my childhood days
And I watch the street dogs with no names to call.
When I begin to sleep in the mid of an ailment
I feel the presence of a trillion bacteria and fungi within me
And I wonder when they would sleep at all.
But being alone is very very rare these days
As I find myself lost in a crowd oftener than before
And I wonder what my little brethren will think of me?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN I AM ALONE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- change in the air, Is It Poetry
- Angel Fingers, Saiom Shriver
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- Closely, Frank Weedings
- Just a dream, Brian J. Stafford
- Monsoon Love, Kelly Zion
- Thanksgiving, ThanhThanh Poet
- My old wet blanket, jaquesha webb
- Thanksgiving, Nhuan LeXuan
- My Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)