M.D Dinesh Nair
WHEN I AM ALONE
When I am alone with my people being far away
I see a myriad of my little friends who are still in my mind
A line of ants and a swarm of tiny bees and flies
When I stand alone with no smiling friend lingering around
I look for a row of birds flying, a squint eyed black crow,
And a few moths or silver winged dragon flies....
When I sit alone with none to ask, 'are you bored? '
I remember my long lost pets of my childhood days
And I watch the street dogs with no names to call.
When I begin to sleep in the mid of an ailment
I feel the presence of a trillion bacteria and fungi within me
And I wonder when they would sleep at all.
But being alone is very very rare these days
As I find myself lost in a crowd oftener than before
And I wonder what my little brethren will think of me?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN I AM ALONE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- April, Edward Carpenter
- Depths Of Life's Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As Before, Marites C. Cayetano
- By The Shore, Edward Carpenter
- His Love I Hold, Lilly Emery
- The Falcon's Eyes Have Not Seen It, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love's Vision, Edward Carpenter
- Over The Great City, Edward Carpenter
- I Dream Of A Everlasting Love, Lilly Emery
- So Thin A Veil, Edward Carpenter