When Boy Meets Girl
That boy over there turns his head and looks at me.
His eyes’ glow,
I’ll let it show.
I look at him.
I wonder if he knows.
I really like him.
Our eyes slowly meet.
I wonder if he knows he could knock me off my feet.
With one wink,
My heart does sink.
Beneath the Oklahoma blue skies.
I feel my heart rise.
I’m seeing visions of long moonlit carriage rides.
Feeling rushing ocean tides,
Sailing through and down my feet,
I slightly blink.
Our blue eyes meet.
He smiles at me.
Not knowing he holds the key.
To my heart,
With one glance,
I feel romance.
With one glance,
I’m ready to take a chance.
Boy, what you doing looking at me.
Don’t you know when you look at me?
I think of bright Oklahoma blue skies.
And rainbow eyes,
You look so nice.
Just standing there beneath that shady old willow tree,
You make me feel so free.
I could be your sweet honey bee.
When you look at me like that.
I can look at you and just be me.
A young girl feeling a summer’s love,
When the love dove gently landed.
At my feet,
Boy, you looking at me like that just knocked me off my feet.
I feel so sweet!
Just like a honey bee.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Boy Meets Girl by Patricia Kelley )
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak