When Boy Meets Girl
That boy over there turns his head and looks at me.
His eyes’ glow,
I’ll let it show.
I look at him.
I wonder if he knows.
I really like him.
Our eyes slowly meet.
I wonder if he knows he could knock me off my feet.
With one wink,
My heart does sink.
Beneath the Oklahoma blue skies.
I feel my heart rise.
I’m seeing visions of long moonlit carriage rides.
Feeling rushing ocean tides,
Sailing through and down my feet,
I slightly blink.
Our blue eyes meet.
He smiles at me.
Not knowing he holds the key.
To my heart,
With one glance,
I feel romance.
With one glance,
I’m ready to take a chance.
Boy, what you doing looking at me.
Don’t you know when you look at me?
I think of bright Oklahoma blue skies.
And rainbow eyes,
You look so nice.
Just standing there beneath that shady old willow tree,
You make me feel so free.
I could be your sweet honey bee.
When you look at me like that.
I can look at you and just be me.
A young girl feeling a summer’s love,
When the love dove gently landed.
At my feet,
Boy, you looking at me like that just knocked me off my feet.
I feel so sweet!
Just like a honey bee.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Boy Meets Girl by Patricia Kelley )
- Inspiration to Live, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Shadow Chase, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns