What's Inside A Lady's Bag?
Questioned Judith Barry.
And resolved to peruse three dames
And left for the task sans tarry.
And the first's was ghastly though,
For it was filled with spiders and spew,
And frogs abounded in high and low
And filled with such darkness
That even an English may go black
Of old, stinky blood and muck
That stuck to the walls of the bag.
The second's was a bit pleasanter
Apart from rotten tomato sauce
On which stood codfish and eggs.
O! Did Judith leave unnoticed
The pocket that held the lady's leg?
O Judith! Stop your examination!
(The reader demands culmination) .
Ah! The third brought hope.
At last, it was something neat.
For who could bear the smell
And the drag once more?
But alas! Judith found lizards
And roaches which seeped through her pinafore
Into her coat. So, she stopped it all.
'What's inside a lady's bag? '
Questioned Daniella Kingsley.
To which Judith replied (in a respectable line)
'Noisome objects of despicable womankind! '
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What's Inside A Lady's Bag? by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen