What My Love Said
My love is dumb,
Though it plays not numb.
I thought to listen to it today
To hear what it always had to say.
My love asked that we bear the same name
That we both be fairly the same
It asked that you be strong while I stay weak
And that I seize strength when you are sick
It told me to feel your pain when I'm not there
To stand by you when I judge you unfair
It asked that I listen to your eyes
When they turn scarlet, to humbly still my cries
My love asked to give you all you want
All that I can afford to flaunt
I plead that I stand in your stead
That I speak mercy prayers as I lay your bed
It told me that you see me as one from above.
Love, so said my love.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What My Love Said by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic
- Exit out, J.E. Deen
- Royal Orphan, George Egba
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols