Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Makes You Think You're So Special?
Anyone with intent to offend then pretends,
What was done had been meant to be a joke...
To not provoke retaliation but laughter,
Represents the sick mindset...
Of many caught in the midst of conflict,
With a belief they are entitled...
To do and say what they please.
To then perceive a receiving of payback,
Isn't deserving to get from someone made upset...
By a thoughtlessness not accepted to excuse,
As trying to have a bit of fun...
But often this kind of fun is done at someone else's,
Do you really believe I would say anything to hurt you,
If I knew you would take it so seriously? '
~But what you did was lie to have others believe that lie.~
So 'now' I should be held accountable for what others believe? '
~Why say anything if you know it not to be true? ~
'People do that everyday.
Why should you be the one offended? '
~Do you know what defamation of character is? ~
'Do you know the way to San Jose?
What makes you think you're so special? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes You Think You're So Special? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1895 - 1985)
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver