Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Makes You Think You're So Special?
Anyone with intent to offend then pretends,
What was done had been meant to be a joke...
To not provoke retaliation but laughter,
Represents the sick mindset...
Of many caught in the midst of conflict,
With a belief they are entitled...
To do and say what they please.
To then perceive a receiving of payback,
Isn't deserving to get from someone made upset...
By a thoughtlessness not accepted to excuse,
As trying to have a bit of fun...
But often this kind of fun is done at someone else's,
Do you really believe I would say anything to hurt you,
If I knew you would take it so seriously? '
~But what you did was lie to have others believe that lie.~
So 'now' I should be held accountable for what others believe? '
~Why say anything if you know it not to be true? ~
'People do that everyday.
Why should you be the one offended? '
~Do you know what defamation of character is? ~
'Do you know the way to San Jose?
What makes you think you're so special? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes You Think You're So Special? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In a Mountain Pasture, William Stobb
- Paradise Paradise, Charles Jagongo
- A Sense of Proportion, William Stobb
- Zebra Zooing - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- '''21St Century Innovative Poetry &Poeti.., Nyein Way
- Somethings Change, You Know?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bumpy Rocky Roads, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing Piece Of Me, Kristopher DeLander
- The Angelus, Naveed Khalid
- If …poesy could be defined…, Laxman Rao