Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Makes You Think You're So Special?
Anyone with intent to offend then pretends,
What was done had been meant to be a joke...
To not provoke retaliation but laughter,
Represents the sick mindset...
Of many caught in the midst of conflict,
With a belief they are entitled...
To do and say what they please.
To then perceive a receiving of payback,
Isn't deserving to get from someone made upset...
By a thoughtlessness not accepted to excuse,
As trying to have a bit of fun...
But often this kind of fun is done at someone else's,
Do you really believe I would say anything to hurt you,
If I knew you would take it so seriously? '
~But what you did was lie to have others believe that lie.~
So 'now' I should be held accountable for what others believe? '
~Why say anything if you know it not to be true? ~
'People do that everyday.
Why should you be the one offended? '
~Do you know what defamation of character is? ~
'Do you know the way to San Jose?
What makes you think you're so special? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes You Think You're So Special? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)