We will pay very dearly
We will pay very dearly
Rain has gone and missed nearly
Many parts remain barren
Cry for water all over sudden
Why all seek and hide from nature?
Are we enough to judge and mature?
Do we still need more time to think?
When al will perish and sink
Will only prayers do the trick?
Do we need God to treat us with stick?
Are we not so tired and sick?
Every where we fell the trees and pick
Commodities are becoming rare and dear
Not within reach and back lash fear
Ordinary man will die of hunger and not bear
No cloths will be left on body to wear
I wish whole world to wake
Not waste time in eating cake
Still it is not late to rise
Before you face extinction and demise
Are we not loosing rich heritage?
Green jungles with lot of advantages?
We are facing disaster and standing on edges
Planning on paper with study and guesses
We may not witness the natural turmoil
Some concrete steps and wrong attempts foil
Preference of natural beauty is our main worry
Nothing to add more and then feel sorry
Future generation may not pardon us
Timely action before we miss the bus
Forcing the leaders to act swift and fast
So the humanity and nature long last
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We will pay very dearly by hasmukh amathalal )
Did you read them?
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
- Pen And Pun Of It, Rites Ghosh
- Be One, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- POITIERS AND BEYOND., Terry Collett
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)