We don't always agree
There are times she isn’t always honest with me.
And we don’t always agree.
But, there are times she can be sweeter than a glass of sweet tea.
I don’t always understand her.
Nor does she always understand me.
And sometimes, we can become as distant as the sea.
But, when we both come together it can be as sweet as cherries picked from a cherry tree.
We no longer need a referee.
It can become a sweet memory.
Of a mother and daughter spending, their time together.
When true emotions come together,
The love shared between a mother and daughter.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (We don't always agree by Patricia Kelley )
- The tombs' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- why, kkc bba
- She Is Doing Her Happy Dance, Ronell Warren Alman
- IT's not unusual, george albot
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality