Derek. A. Sim
As I fall to one knee, as I hone my will,
I listen to my heartbeat; the world falls still.
I'm aware of my challengers, I don't look in their eyes,
There is only one winner; there is only one prize.
Relaxing my muscles, I target my mind,
I don't see pretenders, I'll leave them behind.
I feel my blood surge as I prepare for my run.
I'm out of my blocks; like bullet from gun.
My stride becomes longer and lower and yet…
I still hear their feet; I still smell their sweat.
I know they are there and I know what they yearn.
I push myself harder; my muscles now burn.
I reach the halfway mark and now I must find,
That ‘something' that's hidden, deep down in my mind.
My body screams no; you can have no more!
I turn on the power, like never before.
The line now is closing; it burns in my chest.
My training rewarded, I'm still the best.
Derek. A. Sim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Usain Bolt by Derek. A. Sim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- ALL PRETTY FLOWERS AND ALL PRETTY ROSES .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dinutie matra, gajanan mishra
- ALL PRETTY FLOWERS AND ALL PRETTY ROSES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- For only one day, gajanan mishra
- THE TREACHEROUS SEA, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- YOU, ikpat Ekomobong
- Within all, gajanan mishra
- SOMETIMES, ikpat Ekomobong
- GOD'S LOVE, ikpat Ekomobong
- ' [ One Sunday ] ', Ency Bearis