Lawrence S. Pertillar
Undivided And Immediate Attention
Once one shows,
A knack for being responsible...
They can rely upon and daily receive...
Undivided and immediate attention given.
With no end.
Regardless of the time or when dawn begins,
Even if it's interpreted dawn starts one minute...
And that person is also perceived,
As the one who can and should...
Solve every problem that they have.
As they sit back to criticize and complain,
With a choice to do and that remains...
To ultimately give the one reason to leave,
With a wish to distance from those insane...
To prioritize with a focus on one's own life.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Undivided And Immediate Attention by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns