I feel the wintery breeze
beneath my cold bare feet
blowing of windy trees
among the forest's street
there is a narrow path of light
that guides me through that path of night.
I feel the scorched blanket of sand
Blisters welting upon my hands
pacing slowly and short of air
but I do press on bereft of care
the stars are clearest in the desert night
so I follow them sure, till the morning light.
Time is short, the hours are few
the blizzard of dark gives me a clue
as the storm draws nears me
it gets harder to move, difficult to see
yet there is a river of light
flowing into the ocean of night.
Let this light guide me
Through the darkened night.
Allen Steble's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Twilight by Allen Steble )
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah