RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tunnels Of Yesterday
Nondescript illusions follow me at times through tunnels of yesterday, taunting me with images of frightening possibilities from past episodes of pain, abandonment, or humiliation.
Standing on sidelines, hoping to recover from their long-standing reminders one day, I continually advance towards my final day on earth, filled with family and writing.
Hoping whatever I leave behind in books will be appreciated by at least one person who loves me, and never forgets me once I'm gone from this life.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tunnels Of Yesterday by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- an Ode to Cindy, Tim Labbe
- Age To Youth, Gillian Commerford
- Preserve fun, gajanan mishra
- Applause, Alicia C. Cooper
- August 1427: Abundance, Cole Swensen
- What the Ventriloquists Said, Cole Swensen
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma