Toronto - New York... Feb 8th,2014
Toronto is the New York of Canada in case you didn’t know,
On the north side of Lake Ontario and still inclined to grow,
With the same extreme cold or hot weather, winter or summer,
So plan your coming and going or it could be a bummer.
I’ve been back and forth here and there and over there, quite a few times,
The dollar difference is often as much or more than a dime,
Otherwise it’s difficult to tell as I look around,
Same language, same TV, same radio - same sight and sound.
Now if we could get them to figure out the dollar difference,
Get them more equal somehow and show some brilliance,
But for some reason it seems they want to make it inconvenient,
And the shopkeepers can’t make it more convenient.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toronto - New York... Feb 8th,2014 by James Bredin )
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till You Come, micheal john