Toronto - New York... Feb 8th,2014
Toronto is the New York of Canada in case you didn’t know,
On the north side of Lake Ontario and still inclined to grow,
With the same extreme cold or hot weather, winter or summer,
So plan your coming and going or it could be a bummer.
I’ve been back and forth here and there and over there, quite a few times,
The dollar difference is often as much or more than a dime,
Otherwise it’s difficult to tell as I look around,
Same language, same TV, same radio - same sight and sound.
Now if we could get them to figure out the dollar difference,
Get them more equal somehow and show some brilliance,
But for some reason it seems they want to make it inconvenient,
And the shopkeepers can’t make it more convenient.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toronto - New York... Feb 8th,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola