JAMES BREDIN AUG 9TH,2012
If we had binding referendums like the Swiss have had for years,
Could we maybe interrupt some useless political careers?
Or maybe proportional representation or a plebiscite,
Unfortunately Ottawa aristocrats don't have this appetite.
If we could eventually elect senators or judges?
Could we show that the system doesn't run on hidden grudges?
If we were finally allowed death with dignity?
Could we wish them well as we die without pain or indignity?
If they finally brought down mandatory voting for us,
Or a twenty dollar fine at tax time more or less,
If constituents had recall allowed of their own politician,
Am I getting ahead of myself or is this just superstition?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- In Praise of Nobility (Eighteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- With silver spoon one, hasmukh amathalal