JAMES BREDIN AUG 9TH,2012
If we had binding referendums like the Swiss have had for years,
Could we maybe interrupt some useless political careers?
Or maybe proportional representation or a plebiscite,
Unfortunately Ottawa aristocrats don't have this appetite.
If we could eventually elect senators or judges?
Could we show that the system doesn't run on hidden grudges?
If we were finally allowed death with dignity?
Could we wish them well as we die without pain or indignity?
If they finally brought down mandatory voting for us,
Or a twenty dollar fine at tax time more or less,
If constituents had recall allowed of their own politician,
Am I getting ahead of myself or is this just superstition?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai