No Amendments Please
The Americans can make amendments to their Bill of Rights,
It seems to solve the problems of many political fights,
But Canadians have a problem in trying to change our Charter,
Written back around the time of President Jimmy Carter.
Too many provinces, people, groups and complications involved,
Too much finger pointing, accusations and matters unresolved,
Under the command of appointees politically correct,
Appointed senators or appointed judges have the same affect.
The Swiss have binding referendums, which we are denied,
Even Oregon has death with dignity, which we can’t abide,
Because our aristocrat appointees all want to stay and stay,
You can’t change anything, so you… just better go away.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Amendments Please by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma
- She brings me the greatest kind of delig.., Gert Strydom
- Metallurgy, Gert Strydom
- Stolen Heart, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare