Ace Of Black Hearts
Too Late, Too Far Gone?
A creature is born.
A creature dies.
The inherent essence of life itself.
Dictated not by our choosing.
No matter how hard we try.
Time is either slowed, or sped up.
Infinite does not exist this reality.
Yet we are still our worst enemies.
Playing the odds with futures generations.
A climatic sensation.
Embracing the ultimate pleasure.
Tell me does satisfy.
Into to the flames with some gasoline so it is worse for the next guy.
The burning into oblivion sickness.
Selfishness does not even describe it.
Oblivious to what we could be.
No respect for even our own history.
No respect for even our fellow human being.
No respect for any life in existence.
Out to destroy ourselves and everyone else.
Driving a fuel truck with no brakes.
A path is but what we make it.
Risk versus the reward.
Wise versus the absurd.
Floating chaos encircling, the ever entrenched and well guarded order.
Trying so hard to define a mass president.
What is important, and why is it so?
A falling flag down the pole.
Revolution or evolution?
Perspectives of the same illusion.
What is it you think you see?
What is it you think have a right to?
To breath, to eat, to drink, to sleep, to live in peace and harmony.
In what scifi fantasy?
What would make you think or believe you are more deserving then any other life form in existence?
There has to be balance.
Or no will survive this century.
We must learn to co-exist with the environment.
Everything in moderation.
Do not so highly value the paper your money is made of, but what is in our food, water, and air.
The simple practicality of self sustainability.
There is a clock like it or not.
We can prolong the inevitable if we so choose, but know we can stop it.
At some point humans will no longer exist or evolve to a being far superior the current one.
Adaptions and mutations happens at microbiological level constantly.
Why is so hard to believe that we too can change?
And this change is what we so desperately need.
But will it come soon enough?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Late, Too Far Gone? by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael P. McParland
- What I Saw When I Came (in 10 words or l.., Holly Wotherspoon
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland
- Midnight Poem, Is It Poetry
- Why Am I? ....., Michael P. McParland
- Your Hate, Michael P. McParland