She is too ill today
Not a day to feel poetic
Virus laid fever's prey
Pray work the antibiotic.
Her eyes today in weakness closed
Her head sunk in pillow
Verses are dry in a mind morose
Pains her face in fever's glow.
At six o'clock I whispered to her
Time for the antibiotic
She saw me in a hazed blur
Not a word she could speak.
Teatime came she didn't get up
I still made it for two
In trembling hand she held the cup
She couldn't refuse my brew.
Gnaws me despair when she's ill
Still a novice at basic kitchen work
Never learned the skill to make the day's meal
Where are things I grope in the dark.
She says feels no good to lie down like this
My fever is gone with the sweat
I know for anything she would ever miss
Seeing me off at the gate!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today's Diary by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman