(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
To Those Of You That Do...
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect and guide
their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach their children
the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are lodged in the
birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Those Of You That Do... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- The Whistle: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- I was done with the world but my heart r.., Melikhaya Zagagana
- revolutionary, Tinashe mulambo
- Epigram on Andrew Turner, Robert Burns
- Man was made to Mourn: A Dirge, Robert Burns
- PLUS SIDE, Terry Collett
- Thank You, Jeremy Horsford
- The Dean of Faculty: A new Ballad, Robert Burns
- Ballad on the American War, Robert Burns
- Epistle to the Rev. John M'Math, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)