To Return From Whence I Came
I hear them again......
The voices and the screams.....
No matter how I try it always comes back to this.
Always to this......
All those that believe me their friend proved wrong.
The light that gave me hope begins to fade.
And once again I am returned to darkness which I know as home.
It was all going so well to.
Old friends returned to my life.
Hope began to fill me once more as school was getting easier.
I even began to plan my life after college.
I had forgotten what I am at my core.
What it is that truly lives in my heart.
But it did not forget.
And it has returned to remind me of what I am.
I am alone.
I am cold.
I am different.
I am a monster in a glorified people suit.
And I will never be one of you.
Even if I want to be......
Vasto Grom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Return From Whence I Came by Vasto Grom )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen