To Return From Whence I Came
I hear them again......
The voices and the screams.....
No matter how I try it always comes back to this.
Always to this......
All those that believe me their friend proved wrong.
The light that gave me hope begins to fade.
And once again I am returned to darkness which I know as home.
It was all going so well to.
Old friends returned to my life.
Hope began to fill me once more as school was getting easier.
I even began to plan my life after college.
I had forgotten what I am at my core.
What it is that truly lives in my heart.
But it did not forget.
And it has returned to remind me of what I am.
I am alone.
I am cold.
I am different.
I am a monster in a glorified people suit.
And I will never be one of you.
Even if I want to be......
Vasto Grom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Return From Whence I Came by Vasto Grom )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)