Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
To A Friend
CALM though unseen the presumptions of your being,
Gentle the soft speeches of your vocals-
The heart of your manliness.
HUMBLY swaying on the corridors of passion,
Unshaken by the waves of emotion-
The stance of your comeliness.
Crowned with knowledgeable diadems-
The wave of your IQ-logical boldness
KINDLY swift on the corridors of peace,
Never hunting the unprecedented-
The mark of your smartness.
EVER ready to hearken,
With ears feathered into the air-
The sound of your fairness.
ASPIRING higher always
And in the boat, 'em you sail
Who your hand holds.
DEDICATED to service
Devotion to the Lord-
You stand so bold.
INSPIRING a million,
You lighten their load.
You blaze every freezing cold.
LO to you, a dedication,
Chanting hums of praises-
While your tale to the world told.
EVER forever friends-
And together forever in memory written-
Never to path the pals road.
[Dedicated to a FRIEND OF FRIEND. Though have not met, pals forever we be and upon the walls of memory your stars written indellible. CHIKE ADIELE (BAR.) ]
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are Too Beautiful For Me, Mark Webster
- Living Through Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are my qualifier, Ruby Frankel
- I know a new freedom, Ruby Frankel
- The Fog Lifted, Ruby Frankel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)