Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
To A Friend
CALM though unseen the presumptions of your being,
Gentle the soft speeches of your vocals-
The heart of your manliness.
HUMBLY swaying on the corridors of passion,
Unshaken by the waves of emotion-
The stance of your comeliness.
Crowned with knowledgeable diadems-
The wave of your IQ-logical boldness
KINDLY swift on the corridors of peace,
Never hunting the unprecedented-
The mark of your smartness.
EVER ready to hearken,
With ears feathered into the air-
The sound of your fairness.
ASPIRING higher always
And in the boat, 'em you sail
Who your hand holds.
DEDICATED to service
Devotion to the Lord-
You stand so bold.
INSPIRING a million,
You lighten their load.
You blaze every freezing cold.
LO to you, a dedication,
Chanting hums of praises-
While your tale to the world told.
EVER forever friends-
And together forever in memory written-
Never to path the pals road.
[Dedicated to a FRIEND OF FRIEND. Though have not met, pals forever we be and upon the walls of memory your stars written indellible. CHIKE ADIELE (BAR.) ]
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty