Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
To A Friend
CALM though unseen the presumptions of your being,
Gentle the soft speeches of your vocals-
The heart of your manliness.
HUMBLY swaying on the corridors of passion,
Unshaken by the waves of emotion-
The stance of your comeliness.
Crowned with knowledgeable diadems-
The wave of your IQ-logical boldness
KINDLY swift on the corridors of peace,
Never hunting the unprecedented-
The mark of your smartness.
EVER ready to hearken,
With ears feathered into the air-
The sound of your fairness.
ASPIRING higher always
And in the boat, 'em you sail
Who your hand holds.
DEDICATED to service
Devotion to the Lord-
You stand so bold.
INSPIRING a million,
You lighten their load.
You blaze every freezing cold.
LO to you, a dedication,
Chanting hums of praises-
While your tale to the world told.
EVER forever friends-
And together forever in memory written-
Never to path the pals road.
[Dedicated to a FRIEND OF FRIEND. Though have not met, pals forever we be and upon the walls of memory your stars written indellible. CHIKE ADIELE (BAR.) ]
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(22 March 1941 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram