Time (a poem written against the clock!)
Seconds streaming by,
lost, all time in vain.
like tears in the rain.
Like smoke from summer fires,
time is swift to pass and fade.
So precious you want to hold it,
but like your keys, it's lost, mislaid.
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time (a poem written against the clock!) by Jojoba Mansell )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)