My bicycle went tilt,
After I negotiated the curve.
This bicycle was not built,
For high speed jumps.
The ball went tilt,
After he twirled it.
The ball was not built,
For accelerated twirls.
The Earth went tilt,
The angular axis.
This Earth was built,
For it's planetary structure.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tilt by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother, Feroz Khan Bangash
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Bridal Dance, Tony Adah
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi