Three ill effects in the society leading to poverty!
The pond to which the path of the main stream
Is not well formed and channelized to fill to the brim
An infant which is not fed on the breast of the mother
To its entire satisfaction so as to fill it’s stomach ever
Any men who are not having the virtues by education
Learned and acquired through high systematic tradition
Are the three ill effects in the society
That leads to sufferings and poverty!
A pond with no enough storage of water,
An infant with no enough mothers’ milk,
Any men with no enough acquired knowledge
Are of no use, but for leading to poverty!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three ill effects in the society leading to poverty! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
வாய்நன் கமையாக் குளனும் வயிறாரத்
தாய்முலை யுண்ணாக் குழவியும் சேயமரபில்
கல்விமாண் பில்லாத மாந்தரும் இம்மூவர்
நல்குரவு சேரப்பட் டார்.84. திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (Three ill effects in the society leading to poverty! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman