A picture paints a thousand words
In which depicts a life
I paint my life with a thousand lies
For the truth would cause much strife.
These little lies, I must confess
Provide me no sheer pain
Temporary relief bestows my mind
Nothing to lose or gain.
Day by day I tell a lie
So measly and so white
To tell the truth I couldn't dare
It doesn't seem quite right.
I could try to stop if I want
Tell the truth instead of lie
Yet the lies I've built keep building up
My lies have piled high.
A thousand lies to make my life
A painted vision to see
The life I want the world to know
Even if it isn't me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thousand Lies by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak