A picture paints a thousand words
In which depicts a life
I paint my life with a thousand lies
For the truth would cause much strife.
These little lies, I must confess
Provide me no sheer pain
Temporary relief bestows my mind
Nothing to lose or gain.
Day by day I tell a lie
So measly and so white
To tell the truth I couldn't dare
It doesn't seem quite right.
I could try to stop if I want
Tell the truth instead of lie
Yet the lies I've built keep building up
My lies have piled high.
A thousand lies to make my life
A painted vision to see
The life I want the world to know
Even if it isn't me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thousand Lies by Genevieve Pilat )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam