They Killed A Dream
There was a healthy foetus
That yearned to be born.
Its life was terminated
And a dream was killed
There was a child
Bright, vibrant and steady
Daring to go,
And learn and become a great.
Its dream was terminated
When it failed exams in school
There was a youth
Educated, knowledgeable and strong
Seeking any employment.
Its dream died a natural death
For lack of ten year’s experience
There was a man,
Frustrated by life.
Tortured by the systems,
And resigned to fatalism.
His dream was killed
When the world wouldn’t
Accommodate his school of thought
Who are these systems that kill dreams?
Can’t they give all
A chance to live their dreams,
Even when they have no prospects
Of waking up?
Eric Lungai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Killed A Dream by Eric Lungai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Toast For Josie, Kuda Bondamakara
- Harvest of Harms, Madrason writer
- The Song Of The Builder, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Minister Calls, Edgar Albert Guest
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken