Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
They Can Not Accept Truth
They can not look within themselves,
To uncover solutions to undo their problems.
Accustomed they are to placing blame.
Claiming faults elsewhere...
To sell that are sold and bought,
Anywhere beyond their own doorsteps sought.
They can not accept truth.
Pursuing it is not the reality they have created.
Conflicts to initiate with a dumping as often as they can,
Is a designing of a mindset...
They prefer and understand to restrict themselves to limits.
With this comprehended as if to demand.
It is the living to disrespect to reject progress,
Is what is done they do at their best.
This they value with a few to protest.
Accepting truth is refused and offends.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.