Lawrence S. Pertillar
They Can Not Accept Truth
They can not look within themselves,
To uncover solutions to undo their problems.
Accustomed they are to placing blame.
Claiming faults elsewhere...
To sell that are sold and bought,
Anywhere beyond their own doorsteps sought.
They can not accept truth.
Pursuing it is not the reality they have created.
Conflicts to initiate with a dumping as often as they can,
Is a designing of a mindset...
They prefer and understand to restrict themselves to limits.
With this comprehended as if to demand.
It is the living to disrespect to reject progress,
Is what is done they do at their best.
This they value with a few to protest.
Accepting truth is refused and offends.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Can Not Accept Truth by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)