Lawrence S. Pertillar
They Can Not Accept Truth
They can not look within themselves,
To uncover solutions to undo their problems.
Accustomed they are to placing blame.
Claiming faults elsewhere...
To sell that are sold and bought,
Anywhere beyond their own doorsteps sought.
They can not accept truth.
Pursuing it is not the reality they have created.
Conflicts to initiate with a dumping as often as they can,
Is a designing of a mindset...
They prefer and understand to restrict themselves to limits.
With this comprehended as if to demand.
It is the living to disrespect to reject progress,
Is what is done they do at their best.
This they value with a few to protest.
Accepting truth is refused and offends.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Can Not Accept Truth by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid