There Is Newness In Every Stale Thing
There is newness in every stale thing.
‘’The old order changeth yielding place to new’’.
There is newness in every stale thing
as there is a fresh lease of new life,
from the old, embittered, past lives,
old garments slotted for wholehearted
charity, enhance the new looks of the
impoverished, starved, now protected,
protected are the old garments too
for they came in dire poverty, abject
necessity. School and slate are
a luxury for those, country urchins
in soiled kaki knickers, kite playing.
Fixing cow dung cakes on the walls
Is their daily wage earning plenty.
They question not why they
are born, look for some
Hope and revival in
Merry Bells, Santa Claus
and New Year.
Radhamani Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Is Newness In Every Stale Thing by Radhamani Sarma )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh