The Welcome House
Tuesday, May 1,6: 48 PM.
In withheld suspense in deepening night
the welcome house waits for your delight
The tinkling crystal chandeliers light up the dusty old place
And the dirt and grime
from years upon years of time
Who wants to leave?
Why should looks deceive?
Stay and join us
for a life debauchery, and silken sheets
Where you don’t have to work to make ends meet
Are we require is your company, and a comfortable seat.
Relax and enjoy
The ghost of the waiters, and butlers, bell boys wait on your command
Like Lucifer to the hordes and the lost souls of the dammned...
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Welcome House by Ryan Brodesser )
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)