The Welcome House
Tuesday, May 1,6: 48 PM.
In withheld suspense in deepening night
the welcome house waits for your delight
The tinkling crystal chandeliers light up the dusty old place
And the dirt and grime
from years upon years of time
Who wants to leave?
Why should looks deceive?
Stay and join us
for a life debauchery, and silken sheets
Where you don’t have to work to make ends meet
Are we require is your company, and a comfortable seat.
Relax and enjoy
The ghost of the waiters, and butlers, bell boys wait on your command
Like Lucifer to the hordes and the lost souls of the dammned...
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Welcome House by Ryan Brodesser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah