The Welcome House
Tuesday, May 1,6: 48 PM.
In withheld suspense in deepening night
the welcome house waits for your delight
The tinkling crystal chandeliers light up the dusty old place
And the dirt and grime
from years upon years of time
Who wants to leave?
Why should looks deceive?
Stay and join us
for a life debauchery, and silken sheets
Where you don’t have to work to make ends meet
Are we require is your company, and a comfortable seat.
Relax and enjoy
The ghost of the waiters, and butlers, bell boys wait on your command
Like Lucifer to the hordes and the lost souls of the dammned...
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Welcome House by Ryan Brodesser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus