Ace Of Black Hearts
The Sting Of Love, Hate, And Uncertainity
Why can't love be something simple?
Why can't we pour our hearts out each and every time?
Why do we lie to escape what we fear, or what we hold dear?
The emotion didn't even touch you.
Not even a faint aura was felt.
In all its cheerless glow.
Hoping beyond hope.
That barrier would finally be broken.
But how could it with walls so thick.
The plastic bubble that can't be penetrated by any amount of pricks.
Laying it on thick.
Yes laughing always makes it feel better.
Such occasions of frustration must be dealt with as they didn't exist at all.
Ugly on the outside never in.
Mirror, mirror, what if I told I didn't care?
Would you get mad and crack in spite of me?
Would you repeat words that forever haunt me?
If so I'm more then ready.
Hands always steady.
Like its all been a preparation for something.
The question for me has been what?
The drive behind the drive so to speak.
The reason through an experiment and scientific calculations.
Like it could ever be understood in such way.
Please mad mathematician stop your outrageous statistics.
They are really not helping.
Your are not answering any questions I don't already know.
Maybe I should just go.
But again there are those feelings of uncertainty.
Can we ever say I just don't know without it being held against us?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sting Of Love, Hate, And Uncertainity by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Swing, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The old water tower., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Comforted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Taken you back in time., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Joe, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)