Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Spiritual Nonsense.
Bottom arrests wonder to Hamlet,
As Alice travels Wonderland’s gate,
And Falstaff rises from death –bed.
Humpty Dumpty rides on Donquixote’s back,
Prospero wills Arden by Ariel’s hack,
Swift’s tales as Gulliver reveals.
Invites Edward Lear to live in nonsense fable.
Aaron’s cut off rod from Almond tree,
Blossoms flowers as reason-free,
And Jesus’ touch washes death by bliss,
Or turning a lover to vampire by Masuda’s kiss.
The ghosts or saints in us are the twin-flowers,
In the dark and lighted hemispheres, -the two towers,
Birth enjoins in death and death in birth,
Evolves continuously earth after earth,
And Faith is nonsense that adds grandeur
To incompleteness, as phantasmagoria is our case.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Spiritual Nonsense. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)