Bazi alis Subrata Ray
My Journey Through Some British Poets.
My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Ray Subrata
If I start from Shakespeare,
I see love be-fooling Time,
And I return to Avon with no rime.
In Milton, -the catharsis rests,
With relief of smokes from democratic chest.
And the vain glory of fantasy’s best!
Donne introduces love both in body and spirit,
‘Unification of sensibility’ substantiates his merit,
In my intake, Blake seems to be a true poet,
The forms and colors of Soul, -unifies his gate!
Shelly by virtue of his past birth,
Has installed his vision in this earth!
Wordsworth is more a sermon than a primrose,
Disillusion in love and revolution, come in prose.
Coleridge the frenzy incarnate, - haunts my being,
For what we all are, -is the supernatural thing.
Keats for beauty’s quest sends the senses into sleep,
And image wrought, for imaginary thought, he for art, reaped!
Arnold cries in wilderness for a vagabond’s mission,
And thinks Humanization, as the guardian of civilization.
Tennyson gets confused with the incessant striving of his age,
And the born artist in him turned into a spiritual vase.
Browning finds himself, as curator of a zoo,
And records the humor of each animal, as per psychic hue.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)