Bazi alis Subrata Ray
My Journey Through Some British Poets.
My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Ray Subrata
If I start from Shakespeare,
I see love be-fooling Time,
And I return to Avon with no rime.
In Milton, -the catharsis rests,
With relief of smokes from democratic chest.
And the vain glory of fantasy’s best!
Donne introduces love both in body and spirit,
‘Unification of sensibility’ substantiates his merit,
In my intake, Blake seems to be a true poet,
The forms and colors of Soul, -unifies his gate!
Shelly by virtue of his past birth,
Has installed his vision in this earth!
Wordsworth is more a sermon than a primrose,
Disillusion in love and revolution, come in prose.
Coleridge the frenzy incarnate, - haunts my being,
For what we all are, -is the supernatural thing.
Keats for beauty’s quest sends the senses into sleep,
And image wrought, for imaginary thought, he for art, reaped!
Arnold cries in wilderness for a vagabond’s mission,
And thinks Humanization, as the guardian of civilization.
Tennyson gets confused with the incessant striving of his age,
And the born artist in him turned into a spiritual vase.
Browning finds himself, as curator of a zoo,
And records the humor of each animal, as per psychic hue.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Being Serenaded By Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Message To My Daughter's Grandfather., Tony Adah
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
- Fanatic's Daughter Miss Burquawalli Met .., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Happy Happy birthday', Verlecia fields
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)