Something was smouldering inside,
Since several dark nights
Tossing and turning about,
Desperate to come out
To be free as a bird,
In the form of Words...
A dream, some hope, or pain or desire?
I laughed, and moved on but,
Cries were getting higher
Aaah! They hurted, I was a liar.
Found a corner to hide,
And sat down to write
Searched the depths of my soul
Something came out after a while...
No words can paint,
The hopes I carry in vain
In the world where all is play,
I fear being called insane
Silence is my color,
Painted all over
Deep and blue like the sea
Can't set them free!
One day I'm sure
they'll rest with me...
Shivani Agarwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Silence by Shivani Agarwal )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)