Dairy Milk 'SILK'
On my brother's birthday,
I packed chocolates, served in tray
Golden, red and green,
brought in the little maid's eyes,
Some anticipation and sheen.
I thought, would give her one
When I reached her there were none
The dismay on her face
Filled my heart with benevolence...
The night went bad
Next morning as if to poke me
I saw her smiling at
Silk's commercial ad..
I skipped my lunch with a friend
Happily brought her Silk wrapped
Her eyes were full of joy
It was a gift she never had...
Next day passing by
Rhetorically I asked
'Enjoyed eating that? '
You can guess my expressions at
Ruefully what she said
'Next time, give something good to eat
It smelled so bitter, and tasted too sweet
After only one bite,
I had to throw it in the dustbin
My mother got some MILK
From the DAIRY at the back
With two loaves of bread
I drank that instead! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dairy Milk 'SILK' by Shivani Agarwal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- अब भूल जाना है दिल की सुनना - ab bhul ja.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Himself a PoetSittng, Daniel Brick
- Losing the Touch, Kim Barney
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss