Dairy Milk 'SILK'
On my brother's birthday,
I packed chocolates, served in tray
Golden, red and green,
brought in the little maid's eyes,
Some anticipation and sheen.
I thought, would give her one
When I reached her there were none
The dismay on her face
Filled my heart with benevolence...
The night went bad
Next morning as if to poke me
I saw her smiling at
Silk's commercial ad..
I skipped my lunch with a friend
Happily brought her Silk wrapped
Her eyes were full of joy
It was a gift she never had...
Next day passing by
Rhetorically I asked
'Enjoyed eating that? '
You can guess my expressions at
Ruefully what she said
'Next time, give something good to eat
It smelled so bitter, and tasted too sweet
After only one bite,
I had to throw it in the dustbin
My mother got some MILK
From the DAIRY at the back
With two loaves of bread
I drank that instead! '
Shivani Agarwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dairy Milk 'SILK' by Shivani Agarwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rightchoiceness, Tosin Abegunde
- Binding Echoes, F. J. Thomas
- Without Fail, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones