Bijay Kant Dubey
The Romantic Artist
How to get myself popular,
You say it,
I want to be a romantic,
How to be?
Should I dress myself,
Up-to-date, modern, frank and daring in my outlook
Or should I bring the used in boots, shirts and pants
Of my or your father, grandfather and great grandfather
As for to be a romantic?
An impressionist, a transcendentalist,
A smoker and writer
Experimenting with the cheroot and the cigarette,
The beedi and the hookah
To be a romantic,
A romantic writer.
Sometimes as a hippie, sometimes as a gipsy,
Isn't the sweet dreams of yours,
But mark it
That such a living may be dangerous too
As this may mislead you too?
The drug-trafficker and the woman-trafficker,
The mafia don and the smuggler everywhere,
Just for to be a writer,
A romantic and mystic,
A transcendentalist and impressionist,
You destroy not yourself.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Romantic Artist by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)