The Romantic Artist
How to get myself popular,
You say it,
I want to be a romantic,
How to be?
Should I dress myself,
Up-to-date, modern, frank and daring in my outlook
Or should I bring the used in boots, shirts and pants
Of my or your father, grandfather and great grandfather
As for to be a romantic?
An impressionist, a transcendentalist,
A smoker and writer
Experimenting with the cheroot and the cigarette,
The beedi and the hookah
To be a romantic,
A romantic writer.
Sometimes as a hippie, sometimes as a gipsy,
Isn't the sweet dreams of yours,
But mark it
That such a living may be dangerous too
As this may mislead you too?
The drug-trafficker and the woman-trafficker,
The mafia don and the smuggler everywhere,
Just for to be a writer,
A romantic and mystic,
A transcendentalist and impressionist,
You destroy not yourself.
Poet Other Poems
- The Communists
- How Long Will The Hero Go Beating The ...
- I Do Not Know What To Tell You
- I See The Flowers
- The Dance School Boys & Girls
- I Do not Know Who Is What?
- What is love? (The Red Rose And Its Pet...
- “Why Does He Read So Much, Remain Lost I... -new-
- A Beautiful Girl
- A Beautiful Girl, A Beautiful Tale
- A Beautiful Heart
- A Beautiful Life, You Are Destroying Wit...
- A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
People who read Bijay Kant Dubey also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley