The Power of Emotion
The power of emotion is a very strong one.
Emotions can feel much worse than a bomb.
Emotions can make us feel we've been conned;
They can also make us feel as good as a swan.
Emotions are very powerful indeed.
For our life experiences, they are the seeds;
For whether we feel like flowers or weeds
Or whether we feel like a mule or a steed.
Emotions can hurt us sometimes.
They can be more bitter than limes.
They can also be happy at times,
And the question I ask is, "why? "
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Emotion by Andrew Hamm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness
- Inside, Amal Ahmed
- To Be Loved, Tom Zart
- On Seeing You, I Found A Red Rose Standi.., Bijay Kant Dubey