The Power of Emotion
The power of emotion is a very strong one.
Emotions can feel much worse than a bomb.
Emotions can make us feel we've been conned;
They can also make us feel as good as a swan.
Emotions are very powerful indeed.
For our life experiences, they are the seeds;
For whether we feel like flowers or weeds
Or whether we feel like a mule or a steed.
Emotions can hurt us sometimes.
They can be more bitter than limes.
They can also be happy at times,
And the question I ask is, "why? "
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Emotion by Andrew Hamm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 January 1930)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Minute Too Fast, Vera Sidhwa
- Dreams Of You, Spiritwind Wood
- Free To Be, Spiritwind Wood
- The One I Wanted For Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Faced with fears of a wide blank canvass, Mark Heathcote
- All Just A Game, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever Black, Spiritwind Wood
- For the Love of Your Life, Sandra Feldman
- Flame Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood