The Power of Emotion
The power of emotion is a very strong one.
Emotions can feel much worse than a bomb.
Emotions can make us feel we've been conned;
They can also make us feel as good as a swan.
Emotions are very powerful indeed.
For our life experiences, they are the seeds;
For whether we feel like flowers or weeds
Or whether we feel like a mule or a steed.
Emotions can hurt us sometimes.
They can be more bitter than limes.
They can also be happy at times,
And the question I ask is, "why? "
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Emotion by Andrew Hamm )
- change in the air, Is It Poetry
- Angel Fingers, Saiom Shriver
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- Closely, Frank Weedings
- Just a dream, Brian J. Stafford
- Monsoon Love, Kelly Zion
- Thanksgiving, ThanhThanh Poet
- My old wet blanket, jaquesha webb
- Thanksgiving, Nhuan LeXuan
- My Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)