The Metropolitan Line
Starting out from Amersham
And going through to Aldgate,
The Met goes along that route
And back again from Aldgate
Passing Chalfont and Latimer
And Chorleywood as well;
Rickmansworth and Moor Park
I've missed a few stations
Where the fast train doesn't stop:
Northwood, Northwood Hills and Pinner;
North Harrow's another stop
There's Northwick Park station,
Then Preston Road and Wembley Park,
Then Finchley Road station.
After Finchley Road,
There's Baker Street as well;
Great Portland Street and Euston Square
Are on the map as well.
King's Cross St. Pancras;
Farringdon and Barbican;
Moorgate and Liverpool Street;
Then the final station
Aldgate's at the end,
The terminus of this line.
The Metropolitan Line to be precise.
Oh, what a pretty line.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Metropolitan Line by Andrew Hamm )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal