The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy!
The girl who wears garland of honey-filled
…flowers and dignified ornaments!
If you think aloud and consider, the old ghee
…shall never be worse than the fresh butter-milk!
Likewise, the poverty of knowledgeable persons
…is more worthy than the wealth of illiterate persons!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'pazamozi naanooRu'
சிறியவர் எய்திய செல்வத்தின் மாண்ட
பெரியவர் நல்குரவு நன்றே - தெரியின்
மதுமயங்கு பூங்கோதை மாணிழாய்! மோரின்
முதுநெய்தீ தாகலோ இல்.70 பழமொழி நானூறு
Comments about this poem (The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- For you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Fourth Of July, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nourished by melting ice, Mark Heathcote
- Matty Matter Man, Maor Lain
- Can't...Can't...Can't, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fiction And Storytelling, Dexsta Ray
- ! Infamous Disgrace (PH Advertising Comm.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- The Real Of Me!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Smudged Black Kohal, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)