The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy!
The girl who wears garland of honey-filled
…flowers and dignified ornaments!
If you think aloud and consider, the old ghee
…shall never be worse than the fresh butter-milk!
Likewise, the poverty of knowledgeable persons
…is more worthy than the wealth of illiterate persons!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'pazamozi naanooRu'
சிறியவர் எய்திய செல்வத்தின் மாண்ட
பெரியவர் நல்குரவு நன்றே - தெரியின்
மதுமயங்கு பூங்கோதை மாணிழாய்! மோரின்
முதுநெய்தீ தாகலோ இல்.70 பழமொழி நானூறு
Comments about this poem (The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Silent Light, William Waterway
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak