The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy!
The girl who wears garland of honey-filled
…flowers and dignified ornaments!
If you think aloud and consider, the old ghee
…shall never be worse than the fresh butter-milk!
Likewise, the poverty of knowledgeable persons
…is more worthy than the wealth of illiterate persons!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'pazamozi naanooRu'
சிறியவர் எய்திய செல்வத்தின் மாண்ட
பெரியவர் நல்குரவு நன்றே - தெரியின்
மதுமயங்கு பூங்கோதை மாணிழாய்! மோரின்
முதுநெய்தீ தாகலோ இல்.70 பழமொழி நானூறு
Comments about this poem (The poverty of knowledgeable persons is more worthy! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey