The Monarch Butterfly
Oceans of mandarin orange played upon the bright, sun painted wings
Of a Monarch in the air who made happy, shimmery blossoms sing!
By and by this graceful butterfly fluttered like a dancer from Spain.
It floated with a soft breeze then stopped atop some petals where it
Soon all at once the lone, lovely Monarch took flight and was on its way
Packed with pure, sunshiny joy during the glistening, summery day.
Dressed in a blazing, astounding cloak and yet still very elusive
While embraced by the heaven's blue sky
My visitor could truely live!
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Monarch Butterfly by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -70, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Had a Daughter, Adegbite Adeyinka