The Monarch Butterfly
Oceans of mandarin orange played upon the bright, sun painted wings
Of a Monarch in the air who made happy, shimmery blossoms sing!
By and by this graceful butterfly fluttered like a dancer from Spain.
It floated with a soft breeze then stopped atop some petals where it
Soon all at once the lone, lovely Monarch took flight and was on its way
Packed with pure, sunshiny joy during the glistening, summery day.
Dressed in a blazing, astounding cloak and yet still very elusive
While embraced by the heaven's blue sky
My visitor could truely live!
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Monarch Butterfly by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson