Frail amd quiet, a demure lass,
Her frame so thin, smallest in the class
Receiver of rude jokes from the bullies
She found solace in her many poetries.
Grew wise, keen-sighted, and eloquent-
Her words beyond her generation's time
Bore inner beauty that was quite evident
Out of her coccoon flew verses and rhyme!
This milquetoast soared and firmly stood
Proved strong through the years of ridicule
'Silent water runs deep' now clearly understood-
Her Wisdom cannot be found in the words of fools.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Milquetoast by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak