The Giant West Of The House
Woke up that morning,
And I walked outside.
The giant west of the house,
Was trying to hide.
Storm clouds surrounded him,
As he gently dozed.
Under new fallen powder,
His eyes definitely closed.
His head was all covered,
With fresh fallen snow.
and I warm in my sweater,
As the wind did blow.
And all round the desert,
My wild friends chose to sleep.
Deep in their burrows,
But the sky chose to weep.
Up high the ravens,
Effortlessly did glide.
Ebony bodies outlined in white,
Enjoying the ride.
And I realized I was happy,
Like never before,
In that wild savage land,
Who could ask for more?
I smiled at the giant,
Who continued to dream.
With a long beard of snowflakes,
So serene it all seemed.
And I walked to the desert,
On that chilly morn.
My heart wild and delirious,
With the snow, with the storm.
I walked for miles,
Forever it seemed.
Through that mystical land,
I still see in my dreams.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Giant West Of The House by Juan Olivarez )
Did you read them?
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)