The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence
I am pestilence!
A guardian of this earth
I am an Enforcer!
You will not see me.
I ride my steed upon the wind.
I lurk in putrid pools,
Of your creation.
I sleep in river beds,
Alongside the chemicals
You have discarded.
I roam the seas
Through your filth!
I shall send my cousins,
Plague and virus
I will let loose
My beloved daughter,
To visit hell upon you.
You, who have desecrated my treasured soil.
My brothers, War, Famine and Death
Will be my companions.
We shall scourge the earth
Of your presence.
I am near, so near,
Look over your shoulder,
You may not see me now,
But i am there!
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence by Owain Glyn )
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)