The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence
I am pestilence!
A guardian of this earth
I am an Enforcer!
You will not see me.
I ride my steed upon the wind.
I lurk in putrid pools,
Of your creation.
I sleep in river beds,
Alongside the chemicals
You have discarded.
I roam the seas
Through your filth!
I shall send my cousins,
Plague and virus
I will let loose
My beloved daughter,
To visit hell upon you.
You, who have desecrated my treasured soil.
My brothers, War, Famine and Death
Will be my companions.
We shall scourge the earth
Of your presence.
I am near, so near,
Look over your shoulder,
You may not see me now,
But i am there!
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence by Owain Glyn )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- UFO, Nicola Kelly
- Red and gold, Nicola Kelly
- Beyond reasonable doubt, Nicola Kelly
- A Photograph, Andrea Vescovo
- De ja vu, Nicola Kelly
- Watch NFL Pro Bowl 2015: Team Irvin vs [.., Noah Hariss
- Suitcase full of dreams, Nicola Kelly
- No ordinary day, Nicola Kelly
- There was a middle aged woman, Nicola Kelly
- Tears of fears, Nicola Kelly