Is It Poetry
These precocious children
built this dream from the earth
the rest in trees
except for one who built his dream
Tall golden brown and short green grass.
Every waking moment not in school.
Normal people never knew him there.
A secret place he'd there to be outside.
Safety was a warm cocoon from rain.
Other's walking by would talk
and speak of things no child would think to say.
Here he would hide from home and sleep.
Hustle up some change buy food to eat.
A short half a century has passed
and flown away.
Children built this dream from mother earth.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fort by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
- ACES AND EIGHTS (The dead man's hand), Alexander Onoja
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What are these days?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Flower In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)