The Dolphin Show
Tickets in hand,
Anxiety in mind,
Joined the flock,
To breeze in.
Seated there, I saw
Not a mere pool
But, a ballroom
Of the divine elegance.
Music on the fly,
Rhythm on the feet,
Crest surfing on water,
Beautiful sight to see.
Up in the air
Everyone watched him rise,
Take a swift leap
Through the ring,
And back into waters
With a free fall splash.
Stimulated by the blow
From the trainer's whistle,
Frenzied to the surface
With the bottled nose,
Just to eat the fish.
His twists and turns
Kept everyone 'on'
Audience in high spirits
Cheerful and more.
Music went low,
Curtains came down,
Off the seats, people
Found their exits.
Backed within the cage,
Heart beating desperately,
The want for being
Back with the family
In the deep blue waters.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dolphin Show by Joiesbin Nishanth )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..