Black on Black Arts
The Demise of a Poet
Time slowly ticks tick, ticking away.
Sitting at the table staring at a blank piece of paper.
Pen in hand tapping tap, tapping on the table.
It echoes as it resonates thru the house.
His inspiration washed away like seashells on a beach.
Eyes red as the tears fall it wets the paper that was once considered his canvas.
Creativity gives way to frustration.
Liquor becomes his aspiration.
Nothing else matters as he drinks the pain away.
Laying down bottle in hand.
Giving up on his one true love.
Feeling a pain in his chest he holds his heart his eyes shutter and close.
The bottle falls.
His body goes limp.
An eerie sounds looms acroos the house.
The time slowly continues to tick, tick away
Black on Black Arts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Demise of a Poet by Black on Black Arts )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh