The Day We Shake The Plum Tree
Are more alive than its walking dead,
Who stumble-along in a media-stupor!
Drugged on media-pap they've been spoon fed,
Totally oblivious to what waits at their door
Herded/fattened sons'/daughters' of moms'/dads'
Gullible parents who seek 'The American dream'
Who are willing to sacrifice their young to war,
'The Fallen' who return in flag-draped-coffins,
Dead soldiers unable to hear mothers' wail n' scream
'Cheer up! '
'It's not so bad' some may retort
'Love it or leave it' a few may chide
'Sit down, have a beer, be a good sport'
'Kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride'
We must ignore these dumb-down remarks
Spoken by those that have morphed into sheep
They have no idea they're swimming with sharks
They know not 'What they've sown they shall reap'
Positive change comes when the sleeping awaken
The harvest begins when the plum tree is shaken
Ray Lucero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
View writings, images and video at;
Comments about this poem (The Day We Shake The Plum Tree by Ray Lucero )
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)