Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Covers Within Cover.
When you first did,
We slipped into a bed-cover,
No one knew, but you and me,
A branded anchor, that might be.
You promised, I suspected not,
Our willing so many battle fought.
You grew conscious,
You were coarse –monotonous,
I preserved the first bed-sheet,
Seeing not in you, -a treacherous cheat.
Your thrilling dream choose a blanket,
Sighed I, but blamed not my fate.
Ah! I waited to see a senseless canvas,
You replaced the blanket by skin of rhinoceros.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Covers Within Cover. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao