Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Covers Within Cover.
When you first did,
We slipped into a bed-cover,
No one knew, but you and me,
A branded anchor, that might be.
You promised, I suspected not,
Our willing so many battle fought.
You grew conscious,
You were coarse –monotonous,
I preserved the first bed-sheet,
Seeing not in you, -a treacherous cheat.
Your thrilling dream choose a blanket,
Sighed I, but blamed not my fate.
Ah! I waited to see a senseless canvas,
You replaced the blanket by skin of rhinoceros.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Covers Within Cover. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara